when someone asks about my love life
Welcome to my blog. Please grab a cup of tea on your way in and make yourself at home. Sorry that it's all in a bit of a kerfuffle, I've been to busy crying over fictional characters to get around to fixing it.
This drink I like it. Another!
I love how quickly he readjusts to the culture so foreign to him. Like, he does not even protest or try to explain this is how it’s done in Asgard so it’s how it SHOULD be done because he’s a mighty god and stuff. He’s just like “but I… oh I see smashing mugs is not a custom here. I’m sorry I won’t do it again :( “
A lot of people could learn from this.
^ How to be a traveler and not a tourist
Dir. Danny DeVito
"Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse."
Pusheen the cat making some chemistry.
That cat is not wearing safety goggles, he hasn’t even bothered to clean up that spilled solvent, and he is holding that Erlenmeyer flask way too close to his face.
Pusheen the Cat, more like Pusheen the limits of lab safety
If you pull me on your lap there is a 101% chance I’m going to make out with you.
i would advise you to avoid santa
Person: I’m a woman and I don’t need feminism
What she’s actually saying:
- My life is perfectly okay and I don’t really care what other women go through
- I think feminists are just whiny and can’t take jokes that perpetuate harmful stereotypes
- I believe that people are just obsessed with political correctness
- I am blind to the fact that there are still problems faced by women
- I have forgotten that feminism gave women rights such as the right to vote
- I have no idea that feminism is an egalitarian movement that fights for everyone’s rights regardless of sex, gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, and ethnicity but mostly focuses on women’s rights.
- I am more concerned about semantics rather than human rights
- I can’t distinguish between real feminists and shitty people who call themselves feminists
- I still believe in the false notion that feminism is about hating men
- I actually don’t understand what feminism is
what haircuts tell you about sexuality:
- straight girls all have long hair
- lesbians always have short hair
- bisexuals wear an elegant yet easy to maintain bob
- asexuals shave their head in the style of the pious monk
- pansexuals put pans on their head. they put a fucking pan on th
team i can’t do math for shit but i can write a 3 page english paper in less than an hour
One of the first things they ask you in the ER is to rate your pain on a scale from 1 to 10. I’ve been asked this question hundreds of times and I remember once, when I couldn’t catch my breath and I felt like my chest was on fire, the nurse asked me to rate the pain. Though I couldn’t speak, I held up 9 fingers. Later, when I started feeling better, the nurse came in and she called me a fighter. “You know how I know?” she said, “You called a 10 a 9.” But that wasn’t the truth.
I didn’t call it a 9 because I was brave. The reason I called it a 9 was because I was saving my 10… and this was it.
Tip for all my student readers: if you’re too lazy to use a bibliography creator like NoodleBib or RefWorks, let Google generate your bibliography entries for you. All you have to do is google the article/book title in Google Scholar, click “cite” at the bottom of the search result, and copy either the MLA, APA, or Chicago cite into your word document.
Signal boost because omg how did I not know this in college?
Since registration is starting soon I figure this is ample time to remind the six people who look at my Tumblr that citing your sources is really important in college and that this will be your best friend forever.
If you’re in high school and want to go to college? Learn to source! You’ll be way ahead of the curve and it’s 100% more important than knowing what the hell a predicate nominative is.
I use http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ to figure out how to cite for my papers, and it’s been quite useful for the three years I’ve been at this!